After 6 months of heavy work, we are delighted to introduce this brand new version of Smode!
The main new feature of Smode Studio, our free real-time compositing and motion design software, is simply a new type of layers: Shapes!
From simple primitives to advanced drawings made of custom bezier shapes, the world of 2D vectorial content just met the one of real-time graphics
Thanks to new Bezier masks, make your compositing workflow more efficient than ever!
Smode Station, our all-in-one high end media server software, made a big step towards advanced 3D pixel mapping: specify your LED fixtures and place them directly in the 3D stage along with your screens and video projectors.
Each fixture has a DMX/Artnet/sACN address, an automatic or manual UV coordinate and can be positioned precisely in 3D space, either in a isolated way or in the form of arrays.
With the powerful content sending mechanisms of Smode Station, the manipulation of hybrid lights & video stages has never been such creative and efficient!
Many others improvements and features are waiting for you.
Read the full changelog below:
All versions of Smode 8.5:
2D & Shapes:
* New: Shape Layers!
* New: Bezier Masks!
* New: Support loading of 16 bits .png image files
* New: "offset" and "balance" parameters in the 2D Checker Board
* New: Support of Intel Realsens DirectShow pixel formats
* Fix: Support of Webcam via DirectShow in full resolution
* Chg: Update of the library of standard Vidvox ISF shaders
* New: Introduce mapping modes inside the PBR renderer: Gradient, Triplanar mapping and UVW mapping
* New: Boxify 3d distort modifier
* Fix: Light group doesn't take sub-light intensity into account on PBR surfaces
Animation & Control:
* New: Infinite Ramp cue
* New: Mouse device with learnable position and buttons
* Chg: Improve behavior of "exposing as percentage" an On/Off options and on activation states
* Chg: Use Cues & Timeline names in their editor tabs instead of simply "Function" or "Timeline"
* New: When exporting and consolidating, preserve the folder hierarchy structure
* Chg: Update HAP Snappy compression from 1.1.3 to 1.1.7
* New: Reset number values by right-clicking on their up/down arrows
* New: Improved support of DPI zoom
* New: Enumerate missing files in the bottom of the media directories tree
* New: Press 'Ctrl' in order to rescale placement side/corner around anchor
* New: 'Ctrl+Shift+I' shortcut in order to invert the order of multiple selection elements or keyframes
* New: Sub-element menu button inside "Type" parameter rows
* Chg: In parametric placements, parameter "Size" has been renamed into "Stretch to Fit"
* Chg: Update NvApi to R430
* Chg: Update fftReal to v2.11
* Chg: Update libfbx to 2019.5
Smode Station only
* New: LED Fixtures in the stage (Beta)
* New: Support of sACN protocol both in input and output
* New: OSC Packet Sender
* New: Oculus Camera & Device
* New: Support of Deltacast HDMI Video Capture
* New: Support of the PosiStageNet (PSN) tracking protocol
* New: Support of the TrackMen camera tracking protocol
* New: Dmx fixtures for Colors (8 bit), 3D positions & orientation
* New: Floating point graphics windows (for 12 bits output support)
* New: The new Mapper now works inside 2D Virtual Screens
* Chg: NDI performance improvement on both AMD and NVidia machines
* Chg: Update DeltaCast driver to v6.12 and support for GPUDirect and non DirectGMA GPUs
* Chg: The SMODE-NET menu is now visible by default